ultra-wide angle lenses have always been in demand by architectural, corporate, and other top pro photographers. This new lens features completely redesigned optics including 2 high-precision aspherical elements and two totally new ud-glass elements. The result is superior image quality: better contrast and sharpness at the outer edges, and a reduction in chromatic aberrations that can sometimes be seen with high-resolution digital slrs. Its diagonal angle of view is an impressive 114°-anything larger would be a fisheye lens. It has a built-in lens hood, and has been dust- and moisture- proofed. The lens uses a rear focusing system, high-speed cpu, and a powerful ring-type usm with revised electronics for faster, more responsive af. This lens continues the proud tradition of superior clarity optics found in l-series canon lenses.
- Lens construction is 14 elements in 11 groups
- Focal length is 14mm, maximum aperture is 1:2.8 and has gel filter holder at rear of lens
- Closest focusing distance is 7.9 inches
- Diagonal angle of view is 114° (on full-frame cameras)
- Dust and moisture proof built in lens hood