This is a high-performance super-telescopic zoom lens that features, for the first time, the Supersonic Wave Drive (SWD) autofocus system which enables the lens to achieve an AF speed about two times faster than the previous ED 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 model. ED lens elements are used extensively to correct the color blurring that can occur when telescopic lenses are extended to their maximum focal length, while the digital-dedicated design ensures high-quality performance with clear, crisp images from edge to edge. Close-up shooting capability is also superb, with a minimum shooting distance of just 1.2 meters throughout the zoom range.
- 50-200 millimeter f2.8-3.5 zoom lens for digital cameras (equivalent to 100-400 millimeter in 35 millimeter photography)
- Features Supersonic Wave Drive (SWD) technology inside to provide quiet, ultra-fast autofocus speed
- Maximizes the E-3’s high-speed autofocus capability
- Digital-dedicated design ensures high-definition performance with clear, crisp images from edge to edge
- Minimum shooting distance of just 1.2 meters throughout the zoom range
- Compatibility Tele Converter EC-14 Yes (AF/MF available),Tele Converter EC-20 Yes (AF/MF available)* AF shooting is possible using the center AF target,Extension Tube EX-25 Yes (MF available).