The Advertising Women of New York (AWNY), with a membership of over 1,500, has shared its new members elected to their board of directors, led by Amy Wilkins, AWNY board president and former group publisher for Martha Stewart Media.
“I’m honored to be part of this talented, diverse Board,” said Wilkins. “Each of the individual members are at the top of their game and powerhouses in their own right. Their expertise spans the gamut of our dynamic marketplace — from world class marketer-side, top creative and media shops, to publishing and ad-tech sectors. They are all super engaged and I look forward their contributions in the coming year as we look to undertake an agenda of unprecedented transformation for AWNY.”
Founded in 1912, AWNY’s mission is to empower women in the advertising, marketing and technology industries to achieve personal and professional fulfillment at each stage of their careers in order to nurture women to achieve leadership roles.
“Our new board members are among the most talented, inspiring women in media and technology today and their collective knowledge and expertise will be invaluable to AWNY,” said Lynn Branigan, AWNY’s Executive Director. “I’m thrilled to partner with each of them to help guide and propel our mission forward to help cultivate women leadership.”
The new AWNY board members are (in alphabetical order):
- Cyndi April, SVP Integrated Communications Group Director at /+ssembly
- Janet Balis, Partner, Leader for Strategy Consulting, Media & Entertainment, EY
- Sheila Buckley (First Vice President, AWNY Board); SVP Sales, Business Insider
- Kathleen Diamantakis, Co-Chief Strategy Officer, kbs+
- Lisa Donohue, CEO, Starcom
- Phyllis Ehrlich, Senior Vice President, Chief Client Solutions Officer, Time Warner Cable Media
- Stephanie Fierman, Chief Marketing Officer, MediaCom
- Missy Foristall, Head of Digital User Experience, JP Morgan Private Bank
- Sheryl Goldstein, Senior Category Director – Retail, Yahoo
- Michelle Harmon-Madsen (Recording Secretary, AWNY Board); SVP Brand Partnerships, FreshDirect
- Rachel Honig (Corresponding Secretary, AWNY Board); Managing Member, Amplify Cooperative
- Nadine Karp McHugh (Second Vice President, AWNY Board); SVP Omni Media, Strategic Investments & Creative Solutions at L’Oréal
- Jill Kelly (Treasurer, AWNY Board); Chief Communications Officer, DigitasLBi
- Karen Kovacs, Group Publisher, People and EW/Time Inc.
- Marta Martinez, SVP, AOL Advertising
- Jill Skaler Montaigne, President, Original Spark and Agency Performance Index
- Kathleen Nagle (Assistant Treasurer, AWNY Board); Integrated Account Director, Hearst Corporation
- Sarah Personette, Head of Global Marketing, Facebook
- Carryl Pierre-Drews, President, CPD Marketing
- Julie Rollauer, Head of Industry – Home & Personal Care, Google, Inc.
- Carol Watson (Immediate Past AWNY Board President) Managing Director Organizational Development, Tangerine-Watson, Inc.
- Amy Wilkins (AWNY Board President); former Group Publisher, Martha Stewart Media