You’re an emerging artist on the go and you want your fans to keep up with what you’re doing, but you just don’t have the time. Social media management tools give musicians that chance to be successful. Scheduling Tweets about upcoming concert dates or meet-and-greets can make all the difference in your career. We have put together six of the best social media tools for musicians.
1. Crowdfire This tool aims to offer deeper insights into your followers. On Twitter, you can view recent followers, unfollowers, inactive followers, people you follow who don’t follow you back, and people you aren’t following but who are following you. These insights can help you as an artist better understand which industry leaders you should be connecting with, as well as suggesting new people you might have a difficult time finding on your own.
Networks: Twitter and Instagram
2. Edgar As a busy artist, you probably don’t have that much free time to Tweet and create Facebook posts. If this is the case, Edgar has the perfect solution for you. This app helps you schedule your content and ensure that it will be delivered regularly at times that you choose. All of the posts you add to Meet Edgar are also saved in your library to re-use if it is relevant.
Cost: Starts at $49/mo
Networks: Facebook, Facebook Pages, Facebook Groups, Twitter, LinkedIn Profiles, and LinkedIn Pages
3. Page Insights Page Insights provides information about your Facebook Page’s performance. You can discover demographic data about your fans, and see how they discovering and engaging with your posts.
4. Follower Wonk This tool helps you to find, analyze, and optimize your social media efforts. You can also dive deeper into data about your fans, like where they are located and when they Tweet. Follower Wonk also gives you the ability to locate new influencers and optimize your own tweets.
5. Canva Visual content has taken over social media streams. Canva can assist you in creating high-quality images that fit your budget, without having to hire an expensive graphic designer. This tool also offers numerous templates for everything from Facebook cover photos to Twitter photos.
6. Social Mention Social Mention is similar to Google Alerts, but it monitors social media networks instead. You can receive daily email alerts when you have been mentioned on almost any network. This tool relies on four metrics: strength, sentiment, passion, and reach.
Networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more
Bonus Tool: Google Analytics Google Analytics is not a social media tool, but it can help you access the profiles of your fans and website visitors. This data can help you manage the traffic that social media brings to your website. With this data, you can optimize your site to make it more user friendly for your fans. Your follower count probably won’t grow by 10k overnight, so try to remember that social media takes patience and consistency. If you know of any social media tools for musicians that work well, we would love to hear about them!
*Denotes that there is a paid version of this tool.